Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sacred Heart Church and The Louvre

On the first day of 2012 we set off for a nice stroll to the hill of Paris where the Sacred Heart Church sits with the best view in town. The town is so nice, so old school with a mix of amazing street art. It was so chilly up there and as it was Winter it wasn't the clearest view over Paris but I can easily imagine how beautiful it must look in Summer with big blue skies..

Last nights New Years Eve efforts...


Broken toilets? What the heck went on last night?


Basilique du Sacre- Coeur
Not sure of the full meaning but it translates to the Place of the Sacred Heart.
So Beautiful..




MORE Christmas markets.. with MORE amazing foood!


Slates of chocolate... stop ittt



You can just see the Eiffel in the distance through the trees..
So pretty









TC this is what you need to make some epic mulled wine!
A giant distiller!











It would be so nice to live up the top of this building..where those people are partying!


2nd of January
On the way to the Louvre!!





The lines...


Lines...



We're in!!




There was strictly NO photos aloud in this part of the museum, I sneakily got one!
Alexander the GREAT






Miss Jade Singer said ' When you go to the Louvre, whatever you do don't get lost in the Egyptian section.. ' What do we do? Get lost in the Egyptian Section..










A mummy!!! So very creepy.. I was waiting for it to rise up!



These ceilings were just breathtaking, I loved this area.
Napoleon III apartments







I fell over trying to take this pic.. Stupid marble floors.


MONA LISA this way!






My very first Botticelli!






The MONA LISA! So packed, but mum managed to wiggle her way to the front!
I just kept getting told off for taking photos of the crowds.. what the?


So close!


Go MUM! There she is on the rope in the grey jumper taking her amazing photo... It better be amazing..


Wooo! Well done Jenifart!


Looking out the windows, double rainbow!
Wish double rainbow man was there!


I found this painting sooo mesmerising.. My art teacher always taught me to pic a section of the painting and analyse how much detail there is just in one section.. The fabric detail on this is truly amazing, I guess that's why they are in The Louvre....


The full painting.. Look at the coutfit on the left.. sooo amazing.







Dinner @ Planet Sushi
Okay, Trust me when I say this as I consider myself a Sushi expert.. but WOW
This was the BEST Sushi I have ever had in my life and the decor of the restaurant was so adorable..
Planet Sushi- only 3 stores in Paris, Ibiza and Miami
Ahhh maaayy zinnggg





We decided to get some cheeky deserts to take back to the hotel so I got some Macarons from this place...


He turns out to world famous and has met the QUEEN! 
I'll tell her when Im back in London the I met the French Patisserie man!



They were so yummy, but I wanted just one bite from each one..


Only one more day left in Pareeee, massive sad face but bring on SPAIN!